Information We Collect
We collect both personal and non-personal information from you. When we use the phrase “personal information” we mean information that is associated with your name.
How Information Is Collected.
By Asking. On our site, we may ask you to give us information. If you want to sign up for our mailing list, we will ask for your e-mail, mobile number, or mailing address. If you sign up for sweepstakes, we will ask for information like your first and last name, e-mail address, and phone and mobile number. If you compete in our contests, we’ll ask you for your name, phone and mobile number, e-mail address, street address, birthday, along with pictures of you.
Web Beacons. We also use web beacons, which let us count and recognise users who visit our website. This lets us see if you respond to e-mails that we sent to you by clicking on a link in the e-mail, so we can know whether the e-mails we send are effective. If you don’t want web beacons in the e-mail, you can turn off HTML display of the e-mail.
IP Address. When you visit our site, we also collect and save the Internet Protocol address of the device you are using, like whether you are using a personal computer or a mobile device.
Geo-location. Geo-location technology refers to technology that lets us determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide precise location information on our website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically use information from your web server or computer to determine general location information, such as the city in which you live.
You agree and recognise that information provided may be susceptible to the provisions of the Regulation of Interception of Communications Act 70 of 2002. As such, we may possess the right to intercept, read, monitor, block, delete, and/or close the information provided on or in relation to the website.
What we do with your information
When you provide us with your name, e-mail address, and street address, we may add your information to our mailing list and we may send you e-mails and mailings announcing product information, promotional events, or updates to our Web site. If you give us your birth date, we may also send you a special gift on your birthday by e-mail or postal mail. If you don’t want to get anymore e-mails or mailings, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail. If you don’t want to wait on the phone to opt-out of our e-mails, you may also click on the opt-out link at the bottom of each e-mail. Our website also has sweepstakes and other promotions, and we may let you submit your information electronically. If we do this, we will use the information you provide to conduct the promotion.
We may also use your information for the purpose of compiling non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the Website.
How we share your information
We may share your information in the following ways.
- Sharing Your Information with Service Providers. We may share your information with companies or individuals that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, helping us to provide services that you request, to create or maintain our databases, to research and analyse the people who request products, services, or information from us, to prepare and distribute communications, to respond to inquiries, or to process payments.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we think may be unlawful. For example, we may provide information to law enforcement agencies if we believe that you have violated our polices, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of iJUMP, or another person.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted By Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with government entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Business Transition. If we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired, we may share all types of information with the acquiring company.
- Interest-Based Advertising. iJUMP participates in interest-based (online behaviour) advertising. This means that a third party may use technology, such as a cookie on your browser or a web beacon, to identify you on our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. You may see advertising on our website tailored to how you browse or shop, or you may see advertising for iJUMP products on other websites based on your browsing behaviour across different websites.
- Otherwise than stated above, we do not disclose personal information that you may give us, such as your name, address, email address or telephone number, to any organisation or person outside iJUMP, unless you have authorised us to do so, or unless we are required to do so in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”) or any other applicable legislation.
- Where a disclosure of your personal information has been made to any third party, iJUMP will keep records of such third party disclosure and will ensure that all such third parties sign written agreements protecting the confidentiality of such personal information as provided for in POPI.
No sale of personal information
Under no circumstances will iJUMP sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
Storage of personal information
You agree that we may store your personal information in South Africa, or where we have concluded suitable agreements with third parties which comply with the relevant provisions of POPI allowing for the storage of personal information.
The details of customers who opt in to receive marketing communication from iJUMP will be stored by iJUMP separately from card details which are entered by the client on Virtual Card Services’s secure site. For more details on Virtual Card Services refer to https://vcs.co.za.
Access and correction
The security of your information is important to us. The information we have collected about you cannot be seen or modified by anyone else. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that information is stored securely both in electronic and physical form.
You may access your information at any time. If you would like to know what information we hold about you, please contact us. If you discover that there is an error or information is missing, please notify us and we will try to correct or update the information as soon as possible.
We will try to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints relating to online privacy issues on our websites, please notify iJUMP. While iJUMP accepts no liability for any material or links posted to the service, we will investigate all complaints.
How we secure your information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to help keep your information secure, and to help prevent it from becoming disclosed to people who we didn’t mention in this policy. Even though we follow reasonable procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we can’t promise, and you shouldn’t expect, that your information will be secure in all circumstances.